Chuchu Manchu’s Jar of Toffees
Preet loves Chuchu Manthu... but one day he is gone. How can she remember him with love?
This story addresses the loss of a loved one.
Please read ahead if you are concerned your little one may be saddened by the theme.
Dying and Loss
1. Why do you think Preet feels happy when she throws the toffees out of the window like Chuchu Manthu used to do?
2. Can you think of other ways that people might remember the people they love who have died?
1. Why does Preet love about Chuchu Manchu?
2. How does Chuchu Manthu show his love for others?
3. Do you think it is good to be remembered in a loving way when someone is not here any more? Why or why not?
Chuchu Manthu’s Jar of Toffees is written by Adithi Rao . © Pratham Books , 2019. Some rights reserved. Released under CC BY 4.0 license. ‘Chuchu Manthu’s Jar of Toffees’ is published on StoryWeaver by Pratham Books. www.prathambooks.org Guest Art Director: Somesh Kumar; Dedication: “For Mr. U. Suresh Rao, my Chuchu Manthu, the kindest person in my world.”
Music Video: “Sheep May Safely Graze – BWV 208” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/